View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Thanks to Linda S.

I received this email from Linda today, and from what she says, I thought she intended you all to share in the news, so here it is:

Vincent D'Onofrio is not leaving LOCI.
And that comes straight from the horse’s mouth. Or at least his rep. Follow this link to Michael Ausiello’s column tidbit concerning the now infamous Aussie article of a very long week ago. http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?threadID=800010256

I tried to send this to you via Blogger and it apparently doesn’t believe that I actually exist. So poo on Blogger.

Michael Ausiello is a rude little troll of a man with an unhealthy obsession with Lauren Graham, but that’s another story altogether.

Linda

And here's the article she's given us the link for:
Despite what Vincent D'Onofrio allegedly told an Aussie publication, the actor insists he does not have one foot out the door at Law & Order: CI.

"I am not leaving Law & Order: Criminal Intent and have every intention of fulfilling my contractual obligations on the show," he said in a statement issued by his rep. "I still find playing the role of Robert Goren interesting and enjoy working with the writers, cast and crew of Criminal Intent."

Once more with feeling, buddy?

This all may be a moot point anyway, since the chances of CI seeing another season are iffy at best. Which brings me to my next question: Would anyone miss it?

7 comments:

Jane said...

I agree!! Michael Ausiello is a rude little troll...What a STUPID question..

And may I add...I think the Australian writer should be punished! What he put us through!! I hope he gets kicked by a Kangaroo

Hey I made a rhyme :)

JoJo said...

What a nasty comment from that guy Ausiello. But, glad to hear Vincent's sticking around.

Great rhyme there Tess; cracked me up!! :D

Anonymous said...

Thank you Linda S for the (great) news. I was going to leave a comment asking if she could please let us know 'what happened' next. It's a shame Todd Thatcher didn't post this bit of story. He LOVES C.I. and his reviews of the episodes for TV Guide are usally glowing with praise for Vincent. There's a guy who 'gets it' - still, it's wonderful to know that Vincent doesn't have any immediate plans to depart. Now it's up to NoBloodyClue (NBC), which is a bit of a worry, but they do seem to be setting things up for a 'next' series...in which Bobby takes up with a 5'2" Brit gal called Diane (hey, I can dream!)

Anonymous said...

I did not though it was true. There where so manny facts wrong or out of date in this story.
But still I'm glad to hear that Vincent will stays at CI.

Nezumi

Anonymous said...

julie...

has anybody heard any news about his contract? i've read in the past that it was something like 5 or 6 years.

Linda S. said...

Hi Val and all who love the Great One,
Michael Ausiello's bit about who would care if the show was no longer on the air has raised a storm of viewer responses. Pity the toadie doesn't have the backbone to read and respond accordingly in a follow up article.

Standard US television contracts for new shows run for 7 years, because the big money doesn't happen until they can sell a show into syndication (and CI is a gold mine on both sides of the pond!) and 7 years with 20-22 episodes each equals large returns on the initial investment. Julie's question about a 6 or 7 year contract is an excellent one and STILL unanswered because Vincent wasn't some unknown, hungry actor off the street but an established name.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake