View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Cruel Irony

So there I was, covering for a teacher who was at the dentist's, and some lower being (definitely not a higher one) decided to take the word literally, and at Break one of my teeth BROKE. Quick phone call to the Dentist - "He's on holiday till next week. Phone the emergency service." Which turns out to begin at 6pm. But I get a number from there to phone my local health authority, where a helpful young man gave me a list of dentists who are still accepting National Health Service (NHS) patients. One was quite close to where I am working, so I gave them a call, expecting an appointment three weeks come Thursday. NO! Today at 3.45. (Most of these conversations took place walking to the classroom, letting the kids into the classroom, or inside the classroom, on a mobile phone which kids are banned from using.) They are quite a naughty class, but had been great before Break, so I was optimistic that they would be fine, and they did not let me down.

So here I am with a lip that feels as thick as Vincent's wrist, £350 poorer. The NHS porcelain crown is £180, but there is a selection of better ones, and as the tooth is the first and most visible molar (not to mention the most used) I thought I'd better go for the top end.

Now all I have to do is find the courage to eat with the temporary crown and try not to destroy it in the week before the new one is ready.

5 comments:

Jane said...

Oh, I hate it when that happens :(

Good luck with food Val....Perhaps soup would be a good thing!

JoJo said...

Ouch! Yeah, I'd stay away from apples if I were you! lol

Anonymous said...

Aw, poor Val! Yes, you better have some soft food for a while.

Nezumi

Anonymous said...

julie...

dental stuff is no fun. Hang in there and eat lotsa yogurt.

Eliza said...

Just reading that made my teeth ache.

Stick to softer food for a while I guess,and try not to grind your teeth when you think about doing things to Vincent :D

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake