View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Friday, August 11, 2006

An unusual fault with my car

My car is just a Nissan Micra very like this one, except mine is a five-door. I had it serviced a couple of weeks ago, and ever since I have been plagued by a noise that sounds like the horn beeping whenever I go over a dip or a pothole.

Today it went back to the service department to see if they could find the cause of the problem. They took it out for a run before stripping it down, just to see if they could recreate the intermittent noise. No luck.

When they raised the bonnet (hood) all they could see that was amiss was that the oil dipstick was not in its hole properly and may have been striking something. They shoved it back and so far (touch wood) it seems to have done the trick.

They know they must have left it so, and had the good grace not to charge me for their time. But it really could only happen to me!

This is the new Nissan Micra that I'd really like. Anyone got a spare £15 grand?

4 comments:

JoJo said...

What a cute little car!!! I bet it's great on gas.

Isn't that always the way when you take your car to the shop? I always feel like the "stupid woman".

ann said...

someone at the garage fancied you and wanted you to come back.... hmmmm

daydream believer said...

i dont believe i have seen this model over here...England has always gotten the best little cars! took us awhile before the mini cooper was available over here...my son drives one. i remember years ago the 3 wheeled cars that were all around london, dont remember what they were called, but as a child in the late 60's, i was fascinated by the abundance of what seemed like teeny tiny cars over there..when everyone in America was driving the big V8 station wagons and such.

val said...

The car was a Reliant Robin, Jacky, and it has reached cult status because one was driven by the nation's favourite comedy characters, Del Boy in Only Fools and Horses.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake