View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Thursday, August 10, 2006

Check-in for your flight from London

What a shock - to wake up to the news that a terrorist threat (which they HOPE to have averted) has led to chaos at London's airports. It's two weeks to the day till I fly out. I suppose I should have expected to jinx everyone's travels somehow, just by booking a ticket, but this is beyond anything I could have imagined.

Meanwhile, as the terrorists were apparently planning to blow up liquid explosives in their handluggage, you cannot take any on board, not even water, obviously. Baby milk can only be taken on if the person carrying it is prepared to taste it.

All this time I've been planning what to take in my cabin bag to make the 10-hour flight more comfortable, and in the end I may not even be able to take a book to read. I WILL GO INSANE! I need lipsalve, throat sweets, tissues, cool wipes. They may have to scrape me off the seat if I still can't take on the simple necessaries of life. Ah - I never go anywhere without my handbag, either, BUT YOU CAN'T TAKE ONE ON BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I ever get my hands on a terrorist, he will wish he was in the kind of jail cell where you sleep on the floor and have a bucket for a toilet - with 25 other people.

Let's hope they really have got the wherewithal to stop these people and keep them off the streets. After all, a bit of discomfort is nothing compared to what could happen.

4 comments:

Jane said...

It is very unsettling Val, and since we're approacing the 5 year anniversary of 9/11 the threats will probably increase.

JoJo said...

You have got to be kidding me!!! How can they reasonably expect people, esp ones traveling internationally, to sit there w/o any basic comforts! Maybe by the time you leave, they'll ease up on the restrictions?

I am so sorry that people are made to suffer b/c of the bad apples of the world.

As for the 5th anniversary of 9/11, the propaganda machine over here is in full swing....just in time for the mid-term elections too. Nauseating.

JoJo said...

PS I'm watching the news and they said that the only restrictions are gel-type items and liquids. So maybe you will be OK to take a book, tissues, and anything that's not liquid.

ann said...

I don't mind any restrictions... I'd rather be safe than dead!!!!

I'm already used to a fair level of security anyway because I mostly travel ElAl, but certainly not on this scale.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake