View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Monday, August 07, 2006

Life, but not Vincent...

I have a Teka dishwasher. "What?" you may ask. "Who are they?" Good question! They are a Spanish appliance manufacturer. Luckily I have it insured because I've had to call them out 3 or 4 times (and it's less than 5 years old). This time, the fault is the same as last year, and the spare part is out of stock, so the UK arm has to order it for my insurers from Spain. Except Spain is shut for August! So I have a choice - wait and hope that it will be fixed so my friend who will be house and pet sitting will have one less chore and one less thing to worry about; or junk it and buy a new one.

I decided to go for the second option, so this morning I went to a retail park to look at possible replacements. Very nice - but "We don't fit them or take the old one away"!!! Do they not want my money? I then tried a large DIY outlet - same story - then a kitchen fitting chain - you've guessed. The catalogue shop only fits two models, both made by a joke company worse than the one I've got.

Finally, inspired, I called a small local electrical goods retailer. Yes, they do sell integrated dishwashers. Yes, they do fit them. Yes, they do take the old one away. For an inclusive price. Eureka! I went along and selected a sale price model of a top manufacturer (Siemens) and it should be here and installed in a week or so.

I'm sure that's a slice of life as we all know it, but no sign of the lovely Vincent anywhere.

3 comments:

eliza said...

You have my sympathy :)

I hate having to replace anything like that,always such a trial.

Eliza xxxxx

ann said...

glad you got it sorted in the end. when I moved house I bought a housewarming gift from me to me.... a single dishwasher with two separate drawers that run independently from one outlet... incredibly expensive... like four figures... but perfect for my needs... just don't ask!!!!

JoJo said...

Yours truly is the dishwasher in my house.....

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake