View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Last Link in the Chain

My family tree is pretty fully formed for several generations, and we knew we'd found most of the people who were still alive. The one person we couldn't find was my cousin Albert's widow, Phyllis.

Well, I ordered his death certificate last week, and there was an address on it. With no real hope of success 15 years on, I called directory enquiries - and there she was!

We had a long chat. We don't remember each other (I was an insignificant little kid on the one occasion we might have met) but it was as if we'd always known each other. She's 83 and rather frail, and I hope she's glad to find she's still a valued member of our family.

4 comments:

ann said...

well done... I wouldn't know where to start... Poland, Russia, Spain, Portugal, Holland.... hmmmm

val said...

Start with living relatives in the UK.

eliza said...

It's wonderful that you found her.Like Ann says,I wouldn't know where to start.May be something I should look into,as no-one else seems interested in the research.

Eliza xxxxx

JoJo said...

That is so cool!!!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake