View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Tuesday, August 08, 2006

My Imitation of a Whirling Dervish


So here I am, less than halfway through the school six-week holidays, and what do I find?

I barely have a day left to myself.

I have two visits to cousins, which is great, though there's a lot of travelling involved by car and train, and they're day-trips, too.

I have already done two vet visits for boosters, and have just booked up a third for Henry the parrot's annual checkup. One of the cats needs a dental, yet to be arranged.

I've booked myself into the dentist's, and must find time to go to the doctor's as I think I might need a mild tranquilliser for my flights.

The new dishwasher will have to be delivered and fitted at some point.

I'm taking a friend to London Zoo.

Another friend is coming to visit.

I have to go to the crematorium on the anniversary of my Dad's death.

My car has to go to the garage to find out why it occasionally beeps when I go over a pothole.

All in just two weeks. And notice I haven't included getting ready for my trip.

That's what holiday time is for - just unwinding...

2 comments:

JoJo said...

Whoa! Just a few things to do, eh? Well, if nothing else, it'll make the time go fast till you leave for your trip, so you won't have the time to worry about your flight.

I am very scared to fly too; my dr. prescribed me Xanax and it's a godsend. I take it the second I board the plane and take my seat, and by the time we are ready for takeoff, I'm mellow! Then I usually am able to sleep for a few hours as well.

ann said...

right now sit down, breathe in for four out for five and don't make lists... which is probably why I never get anything done... doh! but I don't panic either... doh!

I don't know what to recommend for the flight... I can't take any of that kinda stuff, otherwise I could fly there alone I would be so spaced out.

Anyway Val, one step at a time and I'm sure it'll all get sorted.

lotsa luv ann xxxxx

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake