View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Rock Star Physicist

This is Professor Brian Cox. (US readers please note that this is not a courtesy title for any university teacher as it is in your universities, but is earned and achieved by appointment and earned at the highest levels in one's field.)

He looks 12. He's actually 42, and he's full of enthusiasm in describing matters of interest to him., As a particle physicist, that means - well, not a lot to me!
But recently the good Prof has been receiving lots of praise from the plebs for his TV series "Wonders of the Solar System".

He's probably drooling over the newly-re-switched-on particle accelerator at CERN at the moment, which is one of his "institutions".

The show is on the BBC iPlayer here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00qyxfb

7 comments:

bobbybegood1 said...

He is a real cuttie and obviously intelligent. Gorgeous smile and probably nice personality to go with. Nice Val.

Eliza said...

I like his show..maybe because I actually understand some of what he's talking about :-)

Unknown said...

My kind of man...;o)

Anonymous said...

It's my favourite show on (UK) TV at the moment. He's so enthusiastic and makes even the most complex of subjects understandable. He's kind of the 'David Attenborough' of Science I think - and he's quite cute, although obviously, my heart belongs to another ;0)

SnarkAngel said...

Brains and looks??? Sounds like someone else we all know and ADORE!

Music Wench said...

I've seen him a lot on Discovery channel. I remember telling my husband when I first saw him "Is this guy old enough to drive?" lol But have learned to really enjoy his shows. He has quite an enthusiasm that's infectious.

JoJo said...

How is it that I've never heard of this guy? Of course if he's dealing w/ physics, that would explain it. My head just about explodes when I watch those kinds of documentaries. The only scientist I was ever able to understand was Carl Sagan!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake