View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Sunday, December 28, 2008

Back to 1971

Once before I posted some Morecambe and Wise - the show in which The Beatles appeared.

The other night their 1971 Christmas show was shown.

Just to be clear for non-British readers, Morecambe and Wise were a brilliant comedy duo, whose Christmas shows were consistently the most-viewed broadcasts of the festive season. Big stars queued up to be invited on their shows.

In this clip, the eminent classical musician Andre Previn (at the time probably Mr Mia Farrow) conductor of one of the top London orchestras, is publicly humiliated by the comics.

4 comments:

judith said...

thats as funny now as the first time it was shown on tv. m/w where the best.

Anonymous said...

It still makes me laugh every single time!

SnarkAngel said...

I've seen this a few times before, and it always cracks me up! Brilliant!

Jane said...

Wonderful!!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake