View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Monday, September 18, 2006

Poor Mitzi


Blogger won't let me post a picture of my cute little Mitzi, so I'll have to add it later.

Mitzi is my little rescue cat who had such a hard early life, abandoned probably when she got pregnant. She took months to settle in, and remains a very nervous little cat.

On Saturday evening I noticed she had a problem with her right eye, but she wouldn't let me bathe it or get a close look.

First thing this morning I took her to the vet's. He said she had a bad ulcer on the cornea, and it would need to be abraded, then the third eyelid sewn across it, and the outer eyelids sewn shut across that.

My poor, sweet little girl, sporting an Elizabethan collar to stop her pulling out the stitches, is very distressed. She is slinking low along the ground, so the collar keeps getting caught on the carpet. She hasn't got the hang of it at all yet.

At least I have practice at keeping her indoors - she had to be in for six months when I got her, because after the first month she went out and disappeared. Two streets'-worth of neighbours helped me find her and retrap her, and she didn't go outside again till I was confident she knew this was home.

4 comments:

JoJo said...

Poor little Mitzi! Give her pets and snuggles from me. I often wonder why I tend to have way more empathy or am moved to tears by injured animals than humans?!

Jane said...

Oh, hope you feel better soon Mitzi!!

lisa said...

Sweet girl... I hope she feels better soon!
I rescued our dear Morris from the street because he looked so much like the Hub. (Orange hair and all!) He has health problems, but I wouldn't have him any other way.

Bless you, Mitzi...

Eliza said...

Heskey,Lucky,Smudge and SammySam all send Mitzi best wishes and hope she feels better soon :)

I do too,of course.

SammySam was rescued,too,when no-one else wanted her.A tiny flea-bitten kitten who was so scared she stayed in the cat basket for a week,with me sat on the floor next to her.Now,she's my baby and is asleep next to me as I type.

Eliza xxxxx

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake