View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Saturday, September 23, 2006

Off To Edenbridge Tomorrow

A while back I did a post about my friends' house in Kent. It is extremely beautiful, with 5 acres of gardens, a swimming pool (you change for a swim in the oast house* on the right), greenhouses, an orchard, a rose garden and so on and on and on.

Tomorrow they are having a party ( presumably a garden party if the fantastic weather holds) so I am unlikely to find a moment to go online. I'll take lots of pictures and give you the low-down on Monday.

*For those who don't know, an oast house is a building where hops used to be dried prior to making beer with them. Kent was famous for growing hops, and apples, but you hardly ever see a commercial orchard there now.

4 comments:

Eliza said...

I'm sorry,I was so envious I forgot to comment yesterday :)

It looks so amazing,I shall look forward to lots of pictures!!

Eliza xxxxxx

JoJo said...

Hope you have a great time!! I used to have a penpal from Kent and she sent me lots of postcards showing the oast houses. And as a homebrewer, my hubby is very familiar with Kent Goldings hops.

ann said...

I hope you had a wonderful time... what a beautiful spot and the weather yesterday was perfect... look forward to hearing more of your day out

lotsa luv ann xxxxx

Jane said...

Lovely conversion, being sussex born and bred I know what an oast house is lol, love the garden your friend is a lucky person.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake