View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Thursday, January 03, 2008

Strange Day (no, not Strange Days!)

The day started badly with a relief postman leaving my mail wedged in my letterbox. Great for keeping the heat in and the burglars out! So I went outside to make my feelings known. He was so bloody rude, I ended up making an official complaint to the Royal Mail. Our regular postie can put things all the way through, so why not this big thug?

One of the things he brought was a card telling me there was £30 tax to pay on the burgundy shirt I bought on Ebay, so I had to go to the sorting office anyway to pay and collect it.

Before coming home, I stopped off at Marks and Spencer's cafe for a quick latte and a piece of cake (free voucher for the coffee).

When I got home, I unwrapped the shirt. I'm not sure when he wore it. It isn't this one:

I thought it might be when I bought it, but the one in the picture has tape around the inside of the collar, mine doesn't. But he has worn it for sure - there is a mark round the inside of the collar, and the armpits are very slightly stained. There is also a slightly musky smell to them. *Sighs* Must be his deodorant...

Next I phoned my mobile phone service provider to come off contract. I NEVER use my 200 "free" minutes a month, I automatically use my landline. I got into a very pleasant conversation with the woman on the other end of the line, comparing notes about broadband, Sky+ (she'd rather give up smoking than her Sky+) and her love of TV. I told her about Vincent, and when she could watch him. She sounded very interested. I think she will be a convert after this evening.

Finally I finished off printing all the calendars (I ran out of ink half way through on Sunday) and now have Eliza's small one on the chest of drawers in the bedroom, my own one on the cupboard door opposite my bed, and Eliza's big one in the hall. Vincent D'Onofrio wherever I go. (Hey, that rhymes!)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you for converting someone!I think it will take her one glance to become a Vincent fan.

I've had problems with my mailman, too. The mail slot in our door was too small to fit the mail in, so the mail people threatened to stop delivering the mail to our house. So we had to get a new slot, a bigger one, which also happens to let the heat out during the winter, so we have to keep a piece of foam in it to keep our heat in.

Enjoy your shirt!

Anonymous said...

Oh Val! isn't it wonderful to actually smell his fragrance on a shirt? I was so pleased with my brown plaid one when I could smell him on it, and glad that you also identified it as "Musk", mine still has the odor and I keep it in a plastic bag to retain it as well.
I am not sure other than the one, where he wore a burgandy shirt. Wish they would identify where it was used. Jean

Eliza said...

not sure when he wore that colour,apart from in Depths..but who cares?? If it smells then you know it has actually touched the D'onofrio skin....lucky shirt!!

JoJo said...

I saw that shirt and nearly bid; glad you got it Val! I am eagerly awaiting my black wifebeater of hotness to arrive. I hope it smells too!

Brian asked me if I wanted him to wear the shirt while he was doing me, and if so, he would make sure to do some "Bobbyisms". I cracked up.

val said...

But did you say 'Yes' JoJo?

Anonymous said...

jojo... you are one very lucky woman...

jojo, have you ever accidentally called Brian, Bobby or Vincent?

val: we HAVE to meet!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Please tell me there's some kind of certificate to say Vincent DID wear it and you're not now fondling some strange man's shirt ;0)

SnarkAngel said...

A "strange day," indeed! I'm loving these comments!

MYM said...

OMG - I'm so freakin jealous! Grrrr....

But happy for ou of course. But jealous!

Anonymous said...

OK..strange day!!Just to say good time with the shirt Val!!!And all around you Vincent...mmmmmm...!!!!!!!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake