View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Missing!

I thought I'd located every Beatles number, even those that were on their EPs. (Only their LPS were re-released on cd). There are some compilation albums, which is how I got Long Tall Sally and Yes It Is.

But I have Crossing Jordan on the TV (to make sure I don't miss LOCI, which is on when it finishes) and they just played a few bars of Lies. I'd forgotten about it. I don't have it, I'm sure I don't. I haven't heard it since the 1960s. But now I HAVE TO HAVE IT!

Why didn't I find this out BEFORE struggling my way round Bluewater today - I could have checked out the big record stores to see if it's on one of the compilations I didn't think I needed 'cos I had them all.

BTW - has anybody else noticed that Virgin Records has become Zavvi?

ZAVVI??? Yet Virgin Media, which Branson sold almost as soon as he'd bought it, when he found out what a poor public image it had, still bears his company name and logo.

3 comments:

Eliza said...

I noticed the name change just before Christmas...but for the life of me I can't figure out why they did it.

Good luck in your quest..maybe Amazon will have a compilation with it on?

JoJo said...

Why would Virgin become "Zavvi"? that makes no sense! Good luck on the hunt for the Beatles song though. I often find that the hunt is more fun than actually receiving the item.

Anonymous said...

Beatles songs won't be on the internet until that moron Michael Jackson releases the rights.

Wait, only their LPs were released on CD? My friend has copies of all the Beatles CDs, and I downloaded them (but then lost it all when my computer died); what am I missing?

And I thought I was one of the ultimate Beatles fans.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake