View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Thursday, January 03, 2008

Solved!

No wonder I didn't have "Lies" and couldn't find it. It was so familiar 'cos it did come out in Beatle time, and the vocalist was a dead ringer for John Lennon (voice-wise) but the group was The Knickerbockers, and the number was a very good rip-off. Never heard the group's name, must always have assumed it was for real.

So it's official - I have EVERYTHING! (Well maybe not the later botched together stuff like "Free As A Bird", and there are a few practice and jam sessions available that I have not yet bought, but I DO have the German versions of She Loves You and I Want To Hold Your Hand.

And just for good measure, off YouTube, here is She Loves You, with lyrics. It's a must-hear!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

isn't that quite unusual, don't most artists record in their own language? interesting I must say!

JoJo said...

OK, now I know exactly what song you are talking about. I first heard it in the '80's and thought it was the Beatles too. But once you wrote "The Knickerbockers" I remembered it. The singer does sound like a dead ringer for John, doesn't he?

SnarkAngel said...

I do LOVE YouTube!

Unknown said...

ok, i'm ready to scream, "PAAAAAUUUUULLLLLLLL"!!!

thanx, val

Anonymous said...

They recorded two songs in German because they wanted to get their music out to international fans. However the German fans didn't care what language the lyrics were in, so that's why they only recorded two songs in German.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake