View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Friday, December 21, 2007

Ed Wood

I'd had this film on DVD for ages but hadn't watched it, so I didn't know whereabouts in the film Vincent's scene was. I was on tenterhooks all the way through waiting for him to appear. I knew about the dubbing, and it was the only fault I could find with the film. It was funny and touching. Martin Landau's performance as Bela Lugosi was superb.

All it needs is for Tim Burton to go back and re-edit the film to include Vincent dubbing himself in his best Wellesian voice, as he has now had the chance to develop that part of his performance.

We''l all buy the film again, Tim!

































7 comments:

Eliza said...

Well,I know I'd buy it again if Tim put V's voice on it...but then I'm planning on putting myself through FMJ again just for the odd snippet of V on the commentary :-D

Anonymous said...

Just look at the BIG cigar he is smoking;how it looks so SMALL in his HUGE HANDS...drooollll!!!And does few last close ups,on his face,with that cigar...HELP ME SWEET HEAVEN,HELP ME!!!!!O MY,HE IS SEX ON LEGS!!!

JoJo said...

I might consider it if his voice was restored, but overall, I thought this movie was dullsville.

Anonymous said...

the truth is there is so much else quality Vincent stuff out there, I can live without owning this one... although I have seen it a number of times and he does look the part brilliantly

where was it showing val?

SnarkAngel said...

Vincent's mannerisms, facial expressions, and speech patterns were DEAD ON Orson Welles! 'Twas an excellent performance, even if his voice was mixed with another actor's. For any North Americans here, they do run this once in a while on channcels like Independent Film Channel or Sundance.

Anonymous said...

This movie (except for Vincent's part) was like the movies the films' namesake made: really bad.

And now I can't forget Johnny Depp dressed as a woman.

Gunga Dean said...

I agree. He is Orson Wells.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake