View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Another Not-A-Vincent Dream

So there I was, in my PJs (which I don't wear), coming back from the shops in the dark, when a car did a really dangerous manouevre. The man next to me and I had a disgusted chat about it, then when we got to the block of flats (apartment block) where I lived - and apparently so did he (I actually live in a house) - and I realised I didn't have my keys (in my jimjams, go figure). The man invited me into his flat, where I met his wife, son and daughter. We chatted for a while, sitting on a single bed in a tiny bedroom, having called the police to help me get into my flat. There was a knock on the door, and thinking it was the police, the daughter and I went to answer the door. She saw through the glass it was someone who was trouble, and only opened the door on the chain. Then for some reason she took the chain off, and the man burst in. I was behind the door, and as she ran off, he turned and saw me. He was obviously going to attack me, so I ran after the girl into the garden of what had now transformed into a mansion. He was attacking people left, right and centre, so I picked up a metal pipe and whacked him over the head. He passed out, and I heaved him into the huge pool and held him under to drown him. I woke up just as we were deciding how to hide the killing from the police when they eventually arrived.

Any dreams experts out there who can translate this into something meanigful? Or was it just the cheese and apple I had before bed?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,val it is a interesig dream!Than is nothing,I had more stranger dreams than that!I sure you can find a book wich translate dreams!It good to have a vivid dreams!That means you have good imagicaion!The day before I had a nice Vincent dream.:):)It was simple:I gave Vincent and Erbe a tour of my settlement;where I live.Vincent was quet all the time,but I had a nice chat with the smilling Erbe.The day was sunny spring day:):)!!

JoJo said...

Hmmmm.....what a stressful dream that was!

In all seriousness, try to think if there is anything at all that you are upset about. For example, after my dad died, I had a lot of dreams about my mom and I being trapped in a building with a tornado bearing down on us. That was clearly a manifestation of the stress & upheavel of losing my dad.

Unknown said...

or maybe it's representative of the relief of something stressful or even getting over some anger??

or, it could just be the cheese and apple!!

Anonymous said...

Val-maybe it is representative of your need to help and save other people. Think maybe it shows you would do anything to save another person, as well as yourself. Jean

Anonymous said...

Maybe you're having trouble facing something that's bothering you and in your dream you face it head on and get rid of it. But then again it could be just the cheese and apple.

Anonymous said...

Good grief! I think Major Case should get involved here. However, given the way your dreams are going, it would probably be Logan who turned up to investigate ;0)

Anonymous said...

Yikes, that's a creepy dream.

I keep a dream journal in which I write down any dreams I've had, whether they be happy or nightmarish.

At least you killed the guy. I've had dreams where I know someone is chasing me, but I can't see them, I can't run very fast, and I can't keep my eyes open to see where I'm going.

Eliza said...

Sounds like the cheese and apple to me...I have creepy dreams,but I prefer to leave thewm alone once I'm awake.in case I don't like the reasons behind them :-)

SnarkAngel said...

I think I have the ending to your dream, Val: the police show up, but the police officer is none other than "Detective Goren." He looks into your eyes, wipes a tear from your cheek, and says softly: "It's okay, Val. We know it was self defense. He's a monster we've been hunting for weeks. You've saved us a ton of work. Now . . . as a reward . . . can I show you my 'other' monster?" Okay, I'll let you finish the rest in your dreams tonight . . .

Claire said...

Wow, I like Snarkangel's ending to your dream. Maybe the panto gave bad dreams.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake