View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Monday, December 17, 2007

Behind You!

Thank goodness!


I awoke with the flashing lights of a migraine aura and the knowledge that I had to go with my class to watch this panto.

Luckily I can usually live with a migraine as long as I take plenty of painkillers and get some fresh air. The first was easy. The second was in shorter supply. Then, of course, there was the shouting (lots of it, it was a panto after all) and the flashing lights (there were light sabres, flashing specs and flashing bunny ears on sale).

But the worst thing was the lack of spirit in the performances. Only Mark Wingett as Abanazar showed any real relish (UK Vixens who have ever watched The Bill will know him as PC Jim Carver) and the failure of most of the cast to make themselves heard clearly despite being amplified was pretty pathetic.

It's quite a large theatre (I've sung there unamplified) but the accoustics are pretty good. Take their mikes away and make 'em use their diaphragms, that's what I say!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard migranes can be awful. Then to add all of that....what a day. Hope you're feeling better.

BobbyG said...

You're a better woman than I. When I get a migraine...which isn't often, luckily...it usually comes with nausea and dizziness, so I can't get out of bed without holding onto things to stand up. One hit me at work once, and my staff wanted to call 9-1-1 because I was laying on the floor because I couldn't sit up in a chair.

JoJo said...

What's a panto?

I hope your head feels better. That you were able to get up and go to this show is amazing! You are a real trooper Val!!

Eliza said...

hope you're feeling better Val...I don't get them very often anymore,but when I do I usually end up spending a day in bed.

In a slightly perverse way I miss going to the panto....it was a big part of our Xmas traditions when the kids were younger.I did suggest we went this year,but they looked at me like I had 2 heads

SnarkAngel said...

Hope you're feeling much better by now, my dear! XOXOXO

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake