View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Things That Glow

I have 2 glowsticks that my cousin Lisa's fiance (who's in the Canadian army) gave me last summer. I haven't yet used them, couldn't think of a use to put them to. Suggestions welcomed.

Yet again south London has had a glow. Under some railway arches, a fire broke out in a garage where there may have been oxy-acetylene tanks stored. A similar fire a few weeks ago, only a mile or two away, led to the closure of the railway lines. This one was a bit closer to the mainline station, so lots more lines in and out were affected. The result has been that tens of thousands of people have been stranded miles from home with no way of getting back.

I bet the cab drivers have been making a killing.

4 comments:

JoJo said...

What to use the glowsticks for. Hmmm. Over here, kids buy them at fairs to use at night & hunters use them a lot. People used to bring them to Dead shows to enjoy the psychedelic effect of swinging them around or they'd cut them open and spatter people w/ the liquid so that you'd have glow in the dark dots all over your clothes (it's non toxic). They don't last very long once they are cracked open though.

Save them in an "emergency kit" should you ever find yourself in the need to use one.

val said...

I like the idea of splattering them over people, but for some reason, this vegetarian doesn't think she'll be using them for hunting!

Anonymous said...

Now see, when you said 'things that glow', for some reason, I instantly thought of that piece of strippers 'equipment', the one Eames said to him 'I can't believe you touched that'. Not my fault, I suffer with 'Vincent on my mind' ;0)

Eliza said...

My mind is obviously on the same wavelength as Diane's...I haven't been able to look at a glowstick the same way since I saw "Baggage" :-)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake