View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Cousins


Well, here we are, cousins 5, meeting up for a reunion yesterday - Freddie, Barbara, Don, me and Perce. Poor Don and his wife Terry were seriously jetlagged, but soldiered bravely on till we sent them to have a well-earned sleep. I'm off to see them again today to help them do the tourist bit.

Until yesterday I was the only one to have met all the others. Freddie hadn't seen Barbara for over 40 years, and only I had met Don. But it was as if we'd all known each other our whole lives.

It was only when I started to do the family tree that I found Perce, Barbara, Freddie and his sister Elsie for the first time in more than 40 years. I can't recommend reconnecting with family highly enough (except for my dear sister, of course, who doesn't care if we live or die, but will send suitable commiseration letters if someone tells her one of us has died. God bless her - who else will?)

4 comments:

ann said...

I love what you're doing in keeping close to your family... I often fail to understand how families can fall out, but at my great age I am just beginning to learn... hmmmmm!!!!!

Anonymous said...

julie...

what a treat for all of you to be together. have a great time today going around town.

JoJo said...

Cherish these moments! And good for you for tracking everyone down and acquainting yourself with them.

Eliza said...

Congratulations on managing such a big job! I believe a relative of mine started something similar,but no idea if she ever finished it as she fell out with everyone in the process :-(

Looks like you were having fun!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake