View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Tuesday, May 22, 2007

For every solution...

...there's a new problem!

I can't quite recall who suggested defragging my computer to speed it up. I didn't know how, but in true Vixen style she gave me some advice, and I followed it.

The defragging process began and I was truly hopeful. Till the message came back that the computer needs 15% of the memory to be empty before it can perform its operation. And I only had 6% free. "Delete some unnecessary files," it said.

UNNECESSARY FILES!!!!!!!???????

We are talking my zillions of pictures of Vincent here! I KNOW they are also stored online. I DO NOT TRUST THIS. I have quite a lot of them on a separate hard drive. IT MAY CRASH.

DELETE Vincent? Has hell frozen over then? Are pigs flying? I don't think so!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the most traumatic moments for me is when I realise I've made 3 screencaps of the same 1 second, or he's a bit 'blurry' and you click on 'delete', only for the PC to then ask 'Do you want to send Vincent number 89,436 to the recycling bin?' I always want to shout 'NO!!'
Sympathies Val, it's hell out there ;0)

JoJo said...

Thank you for struggling thru your technical trials and tribulations so as to provide us with our daily Vincent fix. You are a true artist, as you suffer for your work.

Eliza said...

Val,I have a seperate harddrive with all my V stuff...which includes all the CI episodes,all my pictures,a few movies......

still have a few bits on the pc,but given it's tendency to rash every few months I feel safer that way.I defrag the pc around once a month anyway,just because I have so much software on it.Seems to help

Eliza said...

That should read "crash",sorry,although rash is what it gives me when it happens LOL

abc said...

my harddrive is filled with vincent-stuff, tons of pictures, way too big video-data and such. and i haven't saved any of this yet except the few pics on photobucket, so i hope my laptop will always be nice to me!
i can totally understand your problem, val. delete vincent? never ever!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake