View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Time Off

It's a great concept. I just don't seem to get any. In theory I work part-time since getting my early retirement. Last week I could have worked 8 days out of 5. This week I'll have worked every day except today (Wednesday), and I would have worked that if I hadn't had to have my new crown fitted.

Then I visited my cousin George. He's existing, but you couldn't say he's living. When the nurse left, she said, "See you later," and he replied, "The later the better" - typical George quick-wittedness, even though he didn't even appear to be awake at the time. He wants to go, but he's not getting his wish.

I don't want to think it takes George's funeral to make me refuse a day's work, so I really have to start saying no.

6 comments:

JoJo said...

I'm so sorry about George. My dad died of the asbestos-related lung cancer too, 4 years ago in June, and his last 4 months from diagnosis to death were horrendous. Of course I didn't want to lose him, but I prayed for the sweet release of death to end his suffering.

You do need to take some time off for yourself though, Val. Treat yourself, you deserve it!

PS Has the new Vincent shirt arrived?

Jane said...

Saying No....Easier said than done!!

Hope the new crown is working well Val..

Claire said...

If you can afford it, why the hell not? Visit poor George more and take time to do stuff you want to do. Heck you don't want to wait for another trip to the dentist (I hate going the dentist!)

Anonymous said...

julie...

Val, that is so heart breaking about George. It has to be so difficult. You really deserve some time off for yourself.

Nezumi said...

Sorry to hear about Greorge.
I hope you find some time for yourself. Taka care.

Nezumi said...

Oops, sorry for my spelling. I just i'm recovered from major case of the stomach flu. First I got the flu and now this. I lost 4 kg. (8 pound).

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake