View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Friday, March 16, 2007

Hi, Vikki

New visitor Vikki wondered on the Tuesday Treat post where she could get a copy of "Guy". Good question, Vikki! The answer - not so easy.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



If you live in the US, the Sundance channel may occasionally promise to show it, though JoJo will be able to tell you what happened last time. I think she had a power outage because of weather conditions, then they cancelled a showing shortly afterwards.

Sometimes you will find it on Ebay, but it's usually very expensive.(That's how I got it). I haven't tried Amazon or Play.com.

If you don't have Sundance, stick around. People in Vincent-land are always happy to send copies to the underprivileged, unless fate intervenes, like it did with JoJo. If you are in the UK, there is always the wonderful Eliza. And some day, if I can ever figure out how to record things from Region 1 dvd on to my HDD then on to Region 2 dvd, I will be able to help out, too!

But trust me, even if you pay a fortune for the movie, it is worth every penny!

5 comments:

JoJo said...

Hiya Vicki! Welcome! Yes, it's true - we had a huge storm in December which knocked our power out for 5 days, during which the last showing of "Guy" was on Sundance. I was so mad!!!

I do keep an eye out for it, and have promised to tape it for several Vincent friends here in the states, so I can add ya to the list.

Anonymous said...

Val - Thanks so much for the special welcome - I loved my VDO pic :)

JoJo - Thanks for the welcome and for offering to add me to the Guy list I really appreciate it. :)

A little about me - I'm 37 (38 in July), married 5 years this coming June. No children yet but we are trying. I live in Wickliffe, Ohio in the US where it is currently 29 degrees Farenheit and snowy. I work in Human Resources and enjoy TV, movies, music and cooking.

I can't believe this movie is so hard to find, that stinks! It looks really good ;)

I better get back to work - I'll explore the blog more over the weekend. Have a great day and thanks for making me feel so welcome :) Hugs, Vikki

Anonymous said...

"Region Free" DVD players are available and not that expensive, search Amazon, so if a recording can be made in any region, it could be viewed via these. I am from Ireland, living in the US, missing good old British comedies, i.e Catherine Tate, so family send them over and I enjoy them.

NQ

val said...

Thanks NQ. I think most of us UK Vincent-Vixens have region-free or multi-regional DVD players (and I'm lucky enough to have a TV/Video that plays NTSC videos, too, just by chance and good luck). Vixens in the US, though, can get most of his stuff on their own region players, and don't seem to get hold of the players you suggest. I wish they would, 'cos we in the UK often get stuff that they seem to have forgotten in the US, like Pelham, and we could let them have copies.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I'll check out your blog now :)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake