View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Monday, March 12, 2007

Case of Evil - Review

This was waiting for me when I got home from work today, so I watched it as quickly as I could (some parts are rather slow and just beg to be FF'd).

It was more interesting than I had expected, even when Vincent was not on screen. I found it difficult to believe him old enough for a very young Sherlock to have encountered when Mycroft had his nasty experience. Vincent's accent was a bit Sherlock Holmes meets Pirates of the Caribbean with a bit of Yorkshire and shades of Irish thrown in. Not his best effort. We know from LOCI he can do an English accent at least for a few words.

Watching a leftie swordfighting with a rightie was a bit of a stretch. I don't think it would have happened. Lefties were made to use their right hands, and anyway, I'm pretty sure fighting lefthanded would have laid a swordsman open to all sorts of injury.

This was released in 2002, so it was made after he started making LOCI. He's proudly wearing his new teeth.

The Filmography shows him in something called The Muggle Boy in 2003 - WTF is that? Never heard of it before!

Pictures are not mine, so thanks to those who captured them - probably Eliza, though I can't tell by the tag.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


6 comments:

Jane said...

The film was released in 2002 but he made it in November 2001 ( notice the new pegs lol ) in Romania after his first 12/3 eps of Criminal Intent which he had wrapped in June that year. I thought his accent was pretty good really there is a slight music hall quality to it.

JoJo said...

Haven't seen it, but hopefully one of these days it'll be available over here.

JoJo said...

Haven't seen it, but hopefully one of these days it'll be available over here.

Anonymous said...

I think he made this during one lunch hour bless him and I thought they all had strange accents. Anyway, I just wanted him to get laid....funny, I often think that ;0)

Eliza said...

his accent takes a bit of getting used to,but I think it was down to not having enough time to prepare properly.His scottish accent is pretty perfect after all :-0

The Muggle Boy was never actually made/released,just something that was in the pipeline at the time I guess.

Eliza xxxxx

Jane said...

I think they got the Mudge By thing confused he did an interview with its star Emile Hirsch in 2004 and people thought he did the project from that point only he never did the Mudge Boy he did Thumbsucker instead in 2002, 3 and 4.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake