View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Saturday, February 17, 2007

Oh Dear!


While I was at a concert at university in Lancaster in the 1970s, I was approached by a rather handsome young man with long, wavy blond locks. He was a year my junior. He looked as if he could have been one of the Walker Brothers. He introduced himself as Tom Levitt, and asked me out. I referred him to my fiance...


We remained friends, but lost touch after we graduated.


In 1997 the alumni magazine ran an article on ex-Lancaster students who'd just been elected as MPs in the new Labour government. There was Tom - but as you can see from the photo, the lovely locks had gone.


I wrote to him, and that October I went for lunch with him at the Houses of Parliament. It was a great insight into how those who rule us live - quiet luxury in hallowed halls.


4 comments:

JoJo said...

Do you still keep in touch? He's a handsome older man. It must've been neat to dine at Parliament!

fezzi said...

you know what's funny about this is that i was recently in touch with an old friend who is in touch with someone we both went to school with. i told her to tell him hello for me and she invites me to her my space. and says "ya you'll see a picture of his big old bald head there." I said busted out laughing, this guy was so vain about his hair in high school. i asked her if it was by choice and she said nope. i laughed on that one for an hour.

you're much more gracious than i was!

val said...

JoJo, he's a year YOUNGER than me!

Fezzi, there was a period when Tom sent out Christmas cards with a picture of himself in a Santa costume. No beard, no wig, the most hairlessly inappropriate Santa in the world!

JoJo said...

Well I've seen pictures of you Val, and rest assured, he looks WAY older than you do!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake