View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Sunday, February 18, 2007

A message from the insane asylum

It's official - I have gone mad!

Today my internet connection wasn't working. So I phoned the Orange helpline (second time this week, the last one was to sort out the connection to my new computer). Last time I was on of nearly half an hour, this time for over an hour. With a charming gentleman who unfortunately had a very strong Indian accent which I found difficult (and I'm really good with accents), so others probably would find impenetrable, I went through every imaginable setting, restarted the computer a couple of times, and removed then reinstalled the software. Finally I've managed to get online. I wonder if that would have worked first time without the expensive call? Well at elast I know what to try next time.

I only had 3,000,000,000,000,000,000 things to do today, so the loss of about an hour and a half in total won't make much difference, will it?

5 comments:

mary said...

What I hate is when you get someone who is obviously not a computer geek and they can only go by the step by step instructions they have in front of them. I am usually 4 steps ahead and it throws them off. To think we wait in phone line listening to bad muzac for this:)

Anonymous said...

julie...

what an ordeal to go through. furrrustraaaaaaaating. next time you call for tech support, you'll be talking to a chimp in a space pod circling one of jupiter's moons. good job, Val, getting on line.

ann said...

I know I probably overpay, but I use BT Broadband... don't want to talk too soon, pepepe...

If I lose my connection all I have to do is unplug for a minute and plug in again...

Oh dear, I probably shouldn't have said anything... tempting fate and all that

Eliza said...

I use Tiscali,and touch wood we have never had any real problems.It's usually a loose cable that causes problems,and the modem alerts me to that anyway. I do still have my installation disc though,just in case :-)

Well done for getting on at all

Eliza xxxxx

JoJo said...

What a pain!!! What is w/ these software companies using tech support in India?!?!?!

Even Microsoft uses tech support from Canada for some reason, even though the Microsoft campus is like 40 miles north of here. Every time I've called I've gotten someone in BC or Nova Scotia. But at least they spoke English.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake