View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Monday, November 27, 2006

Strange But True

It seems unbelievable to some of our more simple readers (those whose name suggests they need an incontinence pad to avoid wetting themselves) that similar pictures may have been done by different people.

The first picture below I captured from my Amazon-bought DVD of Season 2. I played it on my computer, and with the help of PowerDVD I froze a frame and captured it to "My Pictures". I then uploaded it to Photobucket to convert it to a jpg file so that it could be posted on this blog. Most of this was with the help of the magical Eliza. (And no. troll, I'm not a gay FEMALE faggot either, but I do wonder what you are).

The one below is an almost identical shot which came from Frogger's blog. She has used a different programme to capture it, but because we both worked from the same original material it is not possible for us all to produce different caps. Apart from anything else, often the only bit you can capture is governed by the only moment in a shot when no-one was moving!


I know most of you are aware of all this technical stuff, and as we get keener on producing stuff instead of always relying on others to do it for us, we develop our skills and help each other. Occasionally a new producer of really original stuff, like Lilly, emerges and we are all bowled over, but mostly what we produce is what is technically possible. I can't shoot each episode anew (oh if only I could, with the man himself) so I have to use the same sources as everyone else.

7 comments:

ann said...

some of us don't have the technical clout or inclination to capture our own stills, so as long as you none of you mind me borrowing... that does me fine, thank you all very very much.

I get great pleasure finding the words to go with your pics... I find some of the most fascinating poetry and literatue out there and get totally sidetracked away from vdo believe it or not.

of course it's all horses for courses.

lotsa luv ann xxxxx

Eliza said...

I don't know what prompted this post,Val,but "Well Said!!" anyway :)

WE all do more or less the same thing,some of us to a slightly more obsessive degree than others**Blushing**

I think,at the end of the day,we all do it for our own pleasure and amusement,too.If other people enjoy it too,so much the better

Eliza xxxxx

JoJo said...

Does anyone remember the show "Get Smart"? Remember the opening of the show when the walls are sliding shut behind Max? That's what happens in my mind when I try to wrap it around this technical stuff, or try to figure out math. :)

I'll leave the fancy effects to you guys, since you all do it so well...I'm afraid I might get frustrated and toss the computer out the window.

Claire said...

Thank god for people like you who can understand the techie stuff. I sure don't...
so I appreciate looking at your blog.

Anonymous said...

I just read some good news about Vincent. If it's true he is going to be a father again. He seems so great with kids. Does anyone know what it's going to be?

val said...

Vincent was in committed relationships when he had his existing children, he doesn't seem to take fathering shildren lightly. As there is no current gossip about his having another half, I can't imagine the rumour could be true. But, hey, what do I know? What I WOULD like to know is where you came across this little nugget.

Anonymous said...

Oops! I hope I haven't started a "false rumor". I read that little "nugget" of information from one of those fan sites. The entry was made back in October.

Since it's possible the rumour could be false - I will not add any addtional information.

Val, it might be a good idea to delete that entry.

Thanks!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake