View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Saturday, March 27, 2010

Earth Hour


In about 15 minutes it will be lights out in the Val household. It's Earth Hour, and I'm committed to dousing all the lights for an hour. I'll be running the computer on battery, too, so my Bobby post will have to wait till after that hour is up.

I hope enough people do this to make an impression on the National Grid, or whatever power system you have in your country. It's only a gesture, but it's better than nothing, which is what our useless leaders seem determined to do. Or too much in the opposite direction, which big business is always striving for.
The picture is London at night taken from a satellite. Using a smidgen too much power, do we think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah for Earth Hour. Our family has been doing it since day one.
Canada's participation doubled from one year to the next. Thanks for the reminder

Eliza said...

I made the kids turn everything off tonight too...they had to spend time in the same room as me which was a nice bonus

SnarkAngel said...

I cheated. The lights were out, but the TV and PC were on. Still, with the lights out, I noticed the buildings around me were noticeably darker than usual. So it looks like the message is STARTING to be heard.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake