View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bizarre Humour

Before the half term holiday, a colleague was absent because his mother was in the last stages of cancer. That night she died.

The funeral is tomorrow. Today he was looking a bit sad and lost. He is usually a big joker. I felt like giving him a hug, but then another male colleague (there aren't many) came into the classroom, and Andy was suddenly telling stories about his even jokier brother.

Apparently this brother got hold of their mother's phone and sent a text message to their sister. Of course, it arrived at her phone as being from "Mum". The message? "It's really nice here. Hope to see you soon. But not too soon."

What a family! I can't imagine doing such a practical joke at such a sensitive time.

Anyone out there who can match it?

8 comments:

JoJo said...

Yikes! That is pretty strange.... I can't top it, that's for sure!

Unknown said...

Excellent joke

mauigirl said...

Now, I know some people who would believe the message really was from beyond!

bobbybegood1 said...

Geez, that's funny, but then again, not funny.

SnarkAngel said...

Hopefully, dear departed "Mum" also had a great sense of humor and would approve!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Snark. If I was 'mum' I'd prefer laughter to lots of weeping and wailing on my behalf.

Unknown said...

Oh Lord! The day was gloomy, but now i feel better! That's funny...and morbid at the same time!

Music Wench said...

I can appreciate that humor. I am guessing the family has the same kind of warped sense of humor I have. It's what gets me through life.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake