View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Friday, January 16, 2009

Tigger and Heffalump Go Wild

A week ago, my friend and I made plans to go to the zoo. Kiss of death to any trip.

Thursday night I phoned her to discuss whether we should go in to London Zoo, or go out to Howletts. She had a migraine. Has had all week. So she had to cry off.

As her digital camera shuts down the minute she tries to take an interesting photo, I've bought her a new one for her birthday (which isn't till March) and I charged up the battery and put it in a nice protective case to surprise her. Oh well.

Anyway, I decided to go out to Howletts, in Kent, and I wasn't put off by the grim-looking weather because IT WAS GOING TO BRIGHTEN UP LATER. The forecast said so.

So halfway there (about 30 miles out) the light fog got really thick for several miles. I HATE driving in fog. But at least it was daylight.

It stayed dull and grey all day, which is why all my pictures look as if they were taken in black and white. And on the journey home - as it got darker and darker - the motorway warning signs said - FOG. And so it was. But in the dark this time.

Luckily there are lights on this stretch of motorway for many miles, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Tough on the planet though.

I tried to load all my pictures on to YouTube as one video, but it wouldn't accept them, so I've done them here in bits.

I am NOT talking to the animals. Honestly.

This baby elephant is only a month old. When she was born, she was too small to reach her mother's teat.



The snow leopard lost her partner last year. It looks like she still misses him. They are looking for another male for her.



The tiger cubs have grown a lot since I was there in the autumn.



I had them all to myself for ages. I didn't want to leave.

5 comments:

judith said...

how sweet!! but no vincent pics. after?x

SnarkAngel said...

The babies are adorable! Sorry your friend couldn't join you, but migraines are horrible. When you were saying "so beautiful ... so beautiful" at the tiger cub, for a split second I thought you must have spotted Vincent! Hee.

Eliza said...

I'm glad you got home safely through the fog. I'm also glad that you always share your pictures/videos with us. As much as I love the tiger cubs, that baby elephant is adorable.

Oh, I would have been talking to them too :-D

VivB said...

Awww how cute are those tiger cubs?

Anonymous said...

How cute are those tiger cubs?


___________________

Vince

Your movies on demand

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake