View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Sunday, January 11, 2009

Home Decoration

Cathy's recipe (http://litcor.blogspot.com/) reminded me of a comedy sketch I heard on the radio a few years ago. It chimed perfectly with my idea of home decorating. This is the gist of it. A man is reading the instructions in a home decoration manual as he prepares to paint a wall.

Manual: First clean the surface thoroughly.
Man: Wipe over with a cloth.
Manual: Fill any holes with filler.
Man: Dob extra paint in the holes.
Manual: Allow the first coat of paint to dry before applying second coat.
Man: Second coat?



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being a Scorpio, once I get a bee in my bonnet about something, it has to be done NOW, so whereas my father will wash down walls to be painted and do all those little things one should probably do, I pile all of the furniture in the middle of the room and grab the paint tin! I once painted my bedroom TWICE in one day. First it was cream, but when I put the light on that night, it looked awful, so I got out the white paint and re-did the whole thing.

cathy said...

We painted our house once.

Améthyste said...

What???!!!! I don't read notice at all!!!! Sometimes it's funniest.... and it's weird i have some screw after the things is finish!!!

Eliza said...

Sounds like my style of decorating. I'm a tiny bit impatient when it comes to things like this, so I wade in and then realise afterwards that maybe I should have prepared first.

SnarkAngel said...

Try stripping 1970's wall paper off a dining room wall with a chemical peeler! And painting kitchen cabinets with oil paint. Ick! And yes, I used primer. But both projects turned out with "medicore" results. Home improvement just is NOT my thing! LOL

Jane said...

I tend to jump into things before thinking it through....Not always a good idea!

jazzy said...

i HATE to decorate! in my next life i will marry an interior designer. or vincent. we will see.

val said...

Snarkangel, my parrots have done quite a good job of stripping 1970s wallpaper in my living room. The cats didn't do badly in the kitchen.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my style of decorating.

___________________

Vince

HD DVR Receiver Upgrade

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake