View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Pain in the Neck

Aprilspring has started a rather vampiric fanfiction on her blog, http://vincentdonofriosworld.blogspot.com/

It reminded me of a Dracula watching experience I had in the late 1970s.

The Passion of Dracula was on in London's West End, and I took my class to see a matinee as their Christmas outing.

It was sheer indulgence on my part, as the star was George Chakiris, whom I loved from West Side Story.


Chakiris with Geraldine James

The Cast:
Dr. Cedric Seward
Richard Vernon

Jameson
Richard Moore

Professor Van Helsing
Roy Dotrice

Dr. Helga Van Zandt
Geraldine James

Lord Godalming
James Villiers

Mr. Renfield
Michael Feast

Wilhelmina Murray
Beth Morris

Jonathan Harker
Tom Marshall

Count Dracula
George Chakiris
The children had never been to the theatre before. As the curtain fell at the end of Act 1, Lord Godalming carried Mina on through the french windows at the back of the stage with her neck torn out, and blood on her white blouse. The kids got up and collected their coats to leave.
"It's only the end of the first part," I told them.
One of the girls replied: "Oh miss, there's not any more, is there?"
Bless.

5 comments:

SnarkAngel said...

Children. What do they know about good theater? LOL

SnarkAngel said...

But of course, Vincent can bite my neck (and anything else he wants) any time!

JoJo said...

Oh man Vincent as a vampire? Could that BE more sensual? It's like...Cholo with fangs. *swoons*

jazzy said...

cholo with fangs would be bloody sexy!

when i was a child i had to visit the theater very often; and i wish some of those plays had ended with act 1!

Anonymous said...

Thank U for sharing...


___________________

Vince

HD DVR Receiver Upgrade

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake