View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Wednesday, January 14, 2009

An extra large picture in the Frame

I have been immensely stupid. I have bought a new TV.

I have been reluctant to replace my little 20" televideo as it plays NTSC videos. But it will not send them to my DVD recorder, so I cannot make DVDs of them. But I have just found out that my old DVD player/video recorder will play the videos, and will also send them to the DVD recorder. (I haven't yet checked out the result, and I know there is a risk the signal will be corrupted.)

Well, I no longer need to be so attached to the little TV. SO I HAVE BOUGHT A 32" SUPER DUPER TV TO WATCH MY GIANT HUNK ON!!!

Blimey, it's big - how do people watch even bigger screens, often in small rooms, without going cross-eyed?

Anyway, here's Bobby to make us all go cross-eyed.

And teary-eyed. It's Frame, so there's no way to make jokey comments on these pictures. Just watch and weep.



















11 comments:

Eliza said...

Two doses of 'Frame' are enough to make a girl weep..what with you and Di's posts today I need to replace my tissues :-(

Anonymous said...

Guess we're all thinking along the same lines today huh? *sniffles*

My cousin has a 50" TV in a less than large room. It's actually quite scary because you walk in and it just screams 'HEY, THIS IS A F**KIN' BIG TV' at you, even when it's not switched on ;0)

Congratulations on your new purchase anyway. I wish you many hours of happy V-Viewing!

SnarkAngel said...

Congrats on the new T.V., Val! I'm afraid anything larger than my current 19-inch would truly overwhelm my 500-square foot studio apartment. LOL. But enjoy it for all of us! I will certainly continue to be enjoying Vincent. That new cable channel, THIS, is running Pelham again later this week!

Jane said...

Congrats on the new TV Val...Enjoy!

When I look at pictures from Frame all I can think is...What's going on in Bobby's life now? *Waiting*

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new TV---I have a 37 wide screen and let me tell you HE is WIDE! My place is not too big so he and I have an "intimate" relationship being that up close and personal! You get to enjoy "IT" all that way.
Frame is special to me--very special.
Love the photos you chose---where from there?? I hope we find out sometime this century!!

MYM said...

My tv screen is so small! It's the same size as my computer screen, lol! Seriously.

I was at my sister's over the holidays and watched her TV and was shocked at how nice it was! I need a new one, oh well. Too expensive right now.

I hope Bobby comes back less cranky next season ... I like him in any mood but I'm pretty much over the angst. I miss the younger more in control Bobby I watch on all the reruns, lol.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you DrowseyMonkey... enough with the angst already - I hope he's charged up and fighting fit in the new series

My kids here have those enormous plasma screens and they can't stand my 28" flat screen so much that they're nagging me to replace it. I've seen Bobby Bobby up close and personal and boy oh boy (fanning myself) on those screens he is big big big

jazzy said...

i love to watch vincent on my monster sized tv-screen. actually they should hand out monster sized drool towels... all those wonderful stand by and zoom-in functions, oh my!

JoJo said...

You need to watch the Pocket Rocket episode w/ your new TV. Go do it. Now. You can realllllly see the python moving freely under his pants. You won't regret getting a bigger TV. TRUST me. Bigger is better, esp. w/ Vincent.

MYM said...

lol@jojo with a moving python update! love it...haha

Anonymous said...

I agree with you DrowseyMonkey...

___________________

Vince

HD DVR Receiver Upgrade

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake