View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Thursday, May 01, 2008

Post 1400 - The Dog's Bollocks

I don't know if my US friends use this particular B-word, so just in case, I'd better explain it, and the phrase I've used in this title.

"Bollocks" is a slightly profane term for the testicles. It is a very expressive swear word, used to show frustration or disdain. If you go out without something you need, when you discover it you might say "bollocks"; if someone tells you something you know is mistaken, you may reply "That's bollocks". It is a very satisfying word.

But if you say something is The Dog's Bollocks, you are saying it's great, it's the best. So I'm sure you won't disagree with my using it in the context of Vincent and his own - er - bollocks (and attached delicacies).















































































12 comments:

judith said...

today's ep. on ch.5. did'nt understand the story but bobby in his grey suit. YUMMY!!!

SnarkAngel said...

I gathered it was a term used to express frustration or disapproval, as I often heard Edina Monsoon (Jennifer Saunders) use it in episodes of Absolutely Fabulous. Thanks for the inside British "scoop," Val! And yesssssssssss ... some Bobby Bollocks would, I'm sure, be MOST delicious ... LOL

Anonymous said...

I just remember Hugh Grant saying "Bollocks" in Four Weddings and a Funeral, and him saying it in the Two Weeks Notice bloopers. I think it's kind of interesting how a word can be bad in one context, but good in another.

Anyway, thanks for this post. I'm writing a paper and I have no fucking idea what the hell I'm trying to say. Yes, I'm really pissed off.

mauigirl said...

Attached delicacies. OMG, that's so funny ! (but correct) Lovely, lovely post, Val, but when are we gonna see an ep where Bobby has NO trousers on?

Anonymous said...

Val, sure I know when we say the word 'bollocks' but I can't say I've ever heard of 'dogs bollocks' ... are you sure you don't mean cats whiskers LOL

guess what, I actually get to watch LOCI at work; we have a tv in the office... shame I don't get to see it on my days off, but I'm hardly at home...

Anonymous said...

Seriously, in every shot I've seen of her, red-haired woman looks pissed off. But how can she be pissed, when she gets to be next to Bobby all day (unless she's angry that she can't jump him).

Unknown said...

yep, it sure it the dogs bollocks!!!

Anonymous said...

Vincent is one big block,I want to play all day!!:);)So much of Bobby neck and earlobes...mmmmmm...YUMMY!!!Bobby can grab me like that,on the neck,and slam me to the wall!!;))

Anonymous said...

Thank you Val for the most concise explanation of the word 'bollocks' I've ever seen (dogs or otherwise). I'd love to sample his delicacies in all their wonderous and varied forms.

jazzy said...

i can't type and stare at his trousers at the same time... sorry

neu said...

Val:
HI Val, I am VDO's yonqui and I´m fascinated by the work that you done here. My Englis is lamentable, my technical knowledge also, for it I offer you a folder with pics of the episode "Poison", for if you want to put someone of them on here (I am charmed with your commentaries).
http://s287.photobucket.com/albums/ll159/gobetapi/vdo%20poison/

val said...

Thanks for your offer, Neu, I'll bear it in mind.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake