View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Saturday, April 26, 2008

Goodbye Humph

A while back, I did a post about a British Institution, Humphrey Lyttelton, jazz trumpeter and comedy presenter.

At the age of 86, he had been the compere of the BBC Radio 4 comedy programme "I'm Sorry, I haven't A Clue" since its inception in 1972. He could make the filthiest double-entendres sound even dirtier because of his old age and his innocence of delivery.

Humph died yesterday following surgery on an aortic aneurism.

I thought he was immortal.

This is an extract from the radio show, with Humph asking the team to finish off George W. Bush quotes.

4 comments:

jazzy said...

this afternoon somebody said to me, that humphrey lyttelton died. i asked: who is lyttelton???
the answer was: "jazzman". so i got it. still can't believe he is gone forever!

Jane said...

I'm sorry, I've never heard of him...But I enjoyed the clip, very funny stuff! (We'll never recover from George Bush!)

Anonymous said...

Oh, George Bush, you're an idiot! ANYBODY is better than him. Future generations will look back on this and say, "What the fuck were you thinking??"

SnarkAngel said...

A good man dies while a lying slimeball continues his reign of terror in the White House . . .

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake