View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Monday, April 21, 2008

The Ying Tong Song

A while back I posted a scene from The Goon Show where Eccles was explaining how he told the time with a piece of paper.

This song was released by The Goons on record in 1956 and was a smash hit. It was played on request shows for years afterwards. Even in 1972, when my then husband played it on University radio, he was immediately flooded with calls to play it again.

Don't be fooled by the opening, and do listen to the very last moment for the cutest record ending ever.

4 comments:

BobbyG said...

I am not at all familiar with The Goon Show, so I'm learning new things from you, Val. I listened to the end, and it was cute.

jazzy said...

heee, peter sellers :)

Laura Cousins said...

Singing this song (and also "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life") sustained me through some of the most horrible moments of my school life.

Axe said...

Awww, I don't have sound at work! Shit!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake