View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Saturday, April 26, 2008

It's Official

My 14-month-old computer has to be remastered.

I spent ages on the phone this afternoon going through various disablements and deletions trying to get round the problem that's been assailing it, but eventually one of the checks showed that something-or-other #1-07 had failed. So it's back to the manufacturer to have all its memory erased. (Good thing I put most of it on alternate media last week, so not much will be lost except the family tree programme, and that still exists on this computer and a couple of discs and pen drives.) They will collect it from work on Tuesday morning.

Well, can I exist without it for all that time, and this one playing up regularly and taking forever to do stuff? I cannot. After the announcement of doom, I went out and - oh dear - bought another.

I'm dreading trying to get the internet connection set up. It means a lengthy phone call to India, and sadly, though I am extremely good at accents, they seems to put people with impenetrable ones on the phones. I actually went into the Orange shop today to try and get a disc to load it, but they don't get sent them any more. They put me through to someone I might have been able to understand if the line had been any good. No joy there either. I have another number to call, but I know it will be more of the same. Why no discs? Easy - they make more by forcing you to phone a helpline that costs several limbs.

I need some cheering up. How about some Vincent?

I just LOVE his hair in The War At Home.



11 comments:

Music Wench said...

Sorry to hear about your computer woes. My laptop blew up on me a short time back and I was a very unhappy camper.

However, I'm sure looking at pictures of Vince will make things better. This was one of my favorite episodes from last season. :)

judith said...

i agree the hair is good, in fact everything about vincent is good!!!!

jazzy said...

i bet, each single hair of his body is good!!

Jane said...

I'd go out a buy a new one too! Good luck talking to the people in India...I always end up in tears when I talk to them..

Jane said...

How could I forget...Bobby looks Beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

We should thank Vincent's parents for giving him to us. (Does that sound weird?)

Look up beautiful in the dictionary and his picture is there (cliche, I know).

BobbyG said...

I feel your pain, Val, not quite as deeply, but I'm having computer difficulties as well. Have been tempted to heave the old laptop through a window a couple of times in the past week, but stopped myself in the nick of time.

Hate those phone calls to India "HELP" centers as well. (Now, if ever there was a misnomer...) One of these days, I'm going to do a post about the not so helpful folks at XM Radio.

Anywho...Bobby...lovely as always.

Eliza said...

Sorry you're having so many tech problems...don't blame you for going out and buying a new one.

bobby always looks great,but I have to agree with you about his hair in this..perfect :-D

Anonymous said...

No matter how many times my PC makes me feel like I want to jump off the roof, the thought of buying a NEW one at some point is worse...although I 'cheated' and paid the store to come set things up for me (or it would still be in it's box!)

I love his curls (and everything else!). Let's just hope the demon barber of the C.I. set stays away from them for the rest of S7.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the computer problems,Val!
That hair with the messy curls,is just wonderful...I just want to play with it,all day!!!!!!

SnarkAngel said...

The War at Home is one of my favorite episodes, and tonight I'll be treated to an even more fabulous eppy on Bravo: "Endgame." And since I only have it on VHS, this will be a chance to get it onto DVD.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake