View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Friday, April 18, 2008

Busy Two Days

Well, thanks, Blogger, for loading up my life in reverse order!

Today I went to the zoo (just for a change...) where they've opened up a new tropical bird house. There's even a part of it where you get wet when they spray it with a warm mist.

Outside there is a huge automaton clock which does all sorts of amazing things on the hour and half hour. The theme, unsurprisingly, is birds. The little mechanical critters disappear then reappear all over the place, then two have a fly round. It's great fun.

The meerkats were enjoying their heat lamps. One was actually reaching up with both paws andgripping his, but I didn't get my camera out in time, so I had to do with second best.





Yesterday I went out to dinner with two old school friends. We'veknow each other for over 40 years, but we don't get together very often. To be honest, we now live in such different worlds, I'm not sure I want to repeat the experience. They spent most of the evening discussing their many and varied trips around the world. They obviously have no intention of trying to reduce their carbon footprints, though one of them has children to save the planet for. (In fact, they've become globetrotters like mum and dad.) When I said I was going to the zoo today, Jen said, "Why?" Lesley spoke about wearing a fur, Jen said she'd wear one if she knew where to get one. They don't know me any more, and I certainly don't know them. In fact, to be honest, they've turned into people I'm not sure want to know.

But they did both know who Vincent is, and enjoy his portrayal of Goren in the show.

7 comments:

BobbyG said...

Am so glad you made a trip to the zoo...especially to the Tropical Bird House. I hope you had a GREAT time.

I know what you mean about friends. My friend, Sara, and I have known each other since the second grade...that's 50 years of friendship. We've had our share of spats, and don't have all that much in common anymore, but we still care about and stay in touch with each other. She lives in Arizona now, so we don't see each other very often.

Val, you look GREAT! Love the hair. I cannot get over how much you and my friend Betty resemble one another. You don't look exactly alike, but there is a definite resemblance.

Claire said...

Is that meerkat a bit portly or is his fur all fluffed up because of the chill. Either way, I love meerkats!

Eliza said...

I'm not in touch with anyone from school,in fact,given my experiences in school I wouldn't want to meet any of the girls I knew then anyway.Although you have different outlooks,it's nice that you keep in touch...and they have one good point in their favour :-)

Love the meerkat,and the clock sounds amazing

jazzy said...

it's sad that your friends became strangers, but that's their loss, not yours!

Laura Cousins said...

Most of my friends know who Vincent is. Now they do, any rate.

The more concious I get of global environmental and ethical issues, the harder it becomes for me to stomach the lifestyles of some of my friends.

SnarkAngel said...

Well . . . at least your friends get a few points for "appreciating" our Bobby. Hee.

JoJo said...

Well, it's natural for the sun to set on a friendship's day in the sun. You know a friend is true blue when your lives continue to stay in-synch and you can pick up where you left off like no time has passed.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake