View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Thursday, September 06, 2007

Aah!

I went to look at a school on Tuesday where I might be able to work 2 days a week, on Thursdays and Fridays. They had someone else to see tomorrow, and made no mention of my working this week, so I booked Jaspa in at the vet's for her dental.

As she had to fast I kept her in my bedroom overnight, and the little fidget kept me awake most of the night. I decided to get up at 7.30, have a quick shower, drop her at the vet's, feed the rest of the creatures and myself, then go back to bed.

Then the phone rang. "Can you work today?" As long as they don't expect me any time soon.

So it was that my carefully laid plans went awry. I thrust some breakfast down my throat while preparing the parrots' food, threw some cat food in bowls, wedged Jaspa in her basket and whizzed over to the vet's. I abandoned my bewildered cat and leapt back in my car, arriving at the school at just after 9am.

The kids were VERY difficult (it is a school for children with behaviour difficulties, and I was to teach the two favourite subjects of all naughty pre-teens (not) - French and Music. Then it was back to the vet's to bring my cat home minus one tooth and a lot of gingivitis and plaque.

I need my nap even more now!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweetie cat. I am down to 2 cats as Ashes at age 14 and with cat cancer, went uder the deck to die. Still have Emma - insane cat also 14 and Lenny (for Leonard Bernstein)Lenny is a mischief maker supreme and will jump onto anything, including stacks of CDs which then slip and scatter all over the floor!

If I sleep late they both come and walk on me until I get up and feed them.

Lociloco

Good luck with the teaching gig.

SnarkAngel said...

Hope your new job works out well for you, Val! And yes, the kittie is adorable.

Eliza said...

The best laid plans and all that..Hope Jaspa is feeling better now?

I went back to work yesterday after having the summer off..came as a shock to my system,to say the least :-D

JoJo said...

What a gorgeous kitty!!

Brian worked in an animal hospital for a year and he said that cleaning cats' teeth was their least fave task. They had steel mesh gloves to wear but the cats would still manage to get in a few good bites!!

DonW said...

Well Val, it seems your name fits your interest in cars. The Weber name got its start from the occupation as a Wagner, a person who made wagons, later becoming a person who made cars. No wonder you have a passion for cars, its in your blood.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake