View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Thanks to Pauline


Pauline just nominated me on her blog, Cursuum Perfidia (dysfuncdiva.blogspot.com) as a Rockin' Girl Blogger. And all for services to VDO! Many thanks, Pauline, and to Roberta Ferguson for coming up with the idea. You can find her at robertaferguson.com.


And now for my five nominees. Sorry I don't know how to make your names link to your blogs by turning them pretty colours. Why can everyone do that except me? Still, you all know where they are.

Firstly the Queen of VDO-dom, thanks to whom so many of us have learned to flood our blogs with pictures of the D'Evine one, the wonderful Eliza. Her talents never cease to astonish.





Next a joint award to Diane and Tess at The Valentine Cat. Seldom have women gone to such lengths - in Diane's case a few thousand miles - to hunt down the subject of our obsession.





Then there's Ann, whose ongoing story, At Home With The Gorens, keeps us all on tenterhooks as to what will happen next to Mrs BG. Then, of course, there is her dedication to the poetry of Robert E. Howard, so brilliantly portrayed by our man.




JoJo keeps us all amazed with her fantastic photos, her gorgeous beadworks, and her great sense of humour. Just a bit more Vincent, JoJo, and your blog would be perfect...





Finally, a blogger who brought a whole new dimension to Vincent fandom by publishing her own pictures of Vincent, taken at filming locations and at the signing at the NBC store. Please blog more, Jenn - we know you don't have any new pictures, but we love you to post anyway. You are our strongest direct link to our man.



There are so many honourable mentions, all of whom could so easily have got awards - Madi, Axe, L'Oreal (love the new story, we're ready for more!), Tamara, Cathy, vpdzoo, vdo_lover, and Claire. I'm sure I must have missed someone. I visit so many great blogs now that I have to set aside hours each evening just to have a peek at each.

But we need a whole new award (would someone please invent or design one?) for Wendy Wootton, our very own Portia Da Costa, whose literary skills give us such a thrill in the VDO deaprtment. I wish Vincent knew he had inspired such torrid writing. I wish he'd try her scenarios out with me...

8 comments:

JoJo said...

I am truly humbled....I don't do near as much Vincent as the other gals. Thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart. My eyes are getting misty too. :)

Eliza said...

Thank You :-)

All I do I do for fun,and if I've helped anyone then I'm glad,if a little amazed!!

Eliza xxxxx

Jane said...

On behalf of Diane and myself...Thank you Val :)

Searching for Vincent is the easiest thing in the world. (Well, maybe not, but it certainly is fun!)

vdo_luver said...

Thank you very much. I'm quite new at this blogging thing, but I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Unknown said...

uh oh Val, you've got your badges mixed up. Shortly after I was awarded my badge I altered it by adding 'honorary' so that girls could award a badge to boys . So the badges you have here are for the boys, the ones you want are on the post prior to the one you have uplifted these from. Nip back to mine and scroll down a bit and all will become clear!

l'oreal said...

awwwww you put me as an honorary rockin girl blogger. that's really sweet. *tear* i havent been on here nearly as much as i want to be. a lot of that has to do with my crappy computer :P but i'll try and get on more often!!! especially to update my story. im so slow! lol

abc said...

these are sweet and you sure chose the right blogs. they're all absolutely fantastic.
(and thanks for mentioning mine, but i don't think it comes even remotely close to the likes of eliza or the valentine cat. but thanks anyway ;) )

Anonymous said...

As Tess said, thank you so much for your kind words. We'd all be so much the poorer without a certain Mr D'Onofrio in our lives. I just wish he knew what love and devotion he inspires; my plan is to tell him one day - assuming we find him and are still capable of speech that is ;0)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake