View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Monday, July 02, 2007

An Evening Jaunt

My journey took me on to the notorious M25 motorway (freeway), otherwise known as the World's Biggest Car Park - it's a giant ringroad round London that's supposed to move traffic quickly, but is frequently at a standstill. My return journey was about 75 miles, almost all of it on "fast" roads with speed limits of between 40 and 70 mph, but the return trip of only 75 miles took a total of 2 hours.

On the way there I was beside this van at some traffic lights. If only... Anyone here who wouldn't have him in the back of a van?


This is TickTock, the new baby alpaca. He wasn't thriving, and has been partly hand-reared.
Here are mum and dad. In the background foster mum is getting her baby ready for a bottle feed.

He is feeding better from mum now, and barely touched his supplementary feed.
The older boys have been moved to another field so that they don't try to mate with their own mothers...

After their feed, TickTock started to rub around his young half-brother Pipkin. Apparently alpacas play a lot when they are young, part of the herd-bonding process I guess.

I have 2 alpaca teddy bears which are really soft, so it was no surprise when I stroked TickTock to feel how incredibly thick and soft his coat was.

11 comments:

JoJo said...

Oh they are just too precious! TickTock and Pipkin are adorable, I just want to wrap my arms around them and cuddle!!!

As for Bobby's Confectionaries....oh yes, yes indeedy....

Claire said...

Oh how completely adorable! I want one.

Axe said...

I'd hijack the Bobby truck. There's bound to be something good in it!

TickTock is sooooooo sweeeeettt!!

Dirty Soap said...

Oh,they are all so sweet looking!I couldn't say which was cuter....

AbbyLynne said...

Hi, I enjoy your website, how do you get your view shows from photobucket to work, I have made some but when make a post and past the html it just doesnt work, and when I post pics they double post. Any suggestions?

val said...

ragincajun, they don't always show for me either. Do you use the html tab on your blog page, too? I started off just using the Compose tab, and that doesn't work. As for pictures posting double, how are you posting them? I'm not an expert, but I may be able to make a few suggestions if you tell me more.

AbbyLynne said...

Thanks Val, I tried on compose tab and Edit HTML tab, I click on the add image and on the right add URL tab, on photo bucket I tried using URL Link and HTML tag and either works, If I am uploading just a pick URL works but I get two of the same pics, if trying to do a slide show with URL I get just a outline and a red X, If I use HTML tag, I get this error message, Your HTML cannot be accepted: Tag is broken: I tried to print the whole message but I get an error message here, lol,

val said...

Don't think the url tag works, only html. The person who knows about this stuff best is Eliza. Her blog is thevelocityofvincent.blogspot.com. She is the guru of all Vincent Vixens. What we do we can do because she helped us.

Eliza said...

The babies are beautiful...I've never actually seen an alpaca up close,but they really do look cuddly,for want of a better word :-)

Bobby's nuts are quite nice...as are his gingerbread men.....the little shop by my mum's stocks them and I can never resist!

AbbyLynne said...

val, just wanted to let you know I figured it out, instead of clicking on the add image picture, I needed to just past it to the edit HTML page.I stops the double picture posting and the slide show works, thanks even though you didn't have the direct answer, you comments led me to the answer. Keep up the good work on your site.

abc said...

they're so adorable! lovely pictures.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake