View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Tagged

JoJo, I too am an open book, so how can I come up with 8 facts you don't already know?

1. On the night I was born (at home), my dad was settled in for a long stint, but I arrived quite quickly. When he heard me cry, he went outside to chase the cats away.

2. Same event. When I was halfway out, the midwife said to my mum, "You have a lovely baby boy here." I think that set the future trend for me to be a tomboy.

3. I used to tuck my skirt into my knickers and say I was a boygirl.

4. My mum gave away my childhood dolls to someone deserving but poor. I found them many years later in an antique shop. The bride doll was still wearing the replacement shoes I had put on her, the black "mama" doll was dressed as a sailor boy (I lost her dress on the day I got her, but I NEVER dressed her as a boy) but was recognisable from the missing eyelashes from one eye. They wanted £90 for her!

5. When my sister put my hand under the hot tap, I put the breadknife to her throat. Or the other way round...

6. As a teenager, I found two of my favourite actors in the telephone directory and phoned them up. I had a long chat with both. (One was Jon Finch, who played Macbeth in the Roman Polanski film).

7. When I was about 5, I begged my mum to allow me to let out the budgie. She said no, but didn't explain why. When she left the room, I let him out. And the cat killed him.

8. I once got pulled over by the police in Croydon when I was on about my third - very slow - tour of a large roundabout (Croydon is ALL large roundabouts). Instead of being nervous and apologetic, I berated them for the useless directions and signposting in their town. They asked me what I was trying to find. When I told them, they looked up - and I saw they had stopped me right outside it! (I still didn't apologise though).

OK, it's now the turn of:
Tess
Cathy
Pauline
Michael
Tamara

7 comments:

Jane said...

I may need a little while for this Val, I'm not sure I can come up with 8 interesting things about me.

Was the cat punished for killing the budgie, or were you?!

JoJo said...

I can see why you and your sister are estranged. Great stories though!! hahaha Poor budgie. Why did the cops stop you and did they give you a ticket?

kris said...

so did you end up buying the dolls? that is unreal that you found them all those years latter.

val said...

Tess, I got a slap. No-one blamed the cat.

JoJo, I suppose they might have thought I was drunk. They did nothing except tell me how to get to somewhere I could park for the location I wanted.

Kris, to my regret I didn't buy my dolls back, but after that I did start to collect bisque dolls.

Unknown said...

You tagged me! Now let me get this straight, this is 8 facts that folks don't already know ( or may not to the best of my knowledge) right?

abc said...

you found them in the telephone book? man, vincent can be lucky that he isn't in there, his phone would probably ring all day long. ;)

madi tagged me, too, but i think i need some time to come up with someting good. :)

cathy said...

did you tell me?

I'll have to edit my post!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake