View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Seemed like a good idea at the time...

Yesterday I bought a new carpet for the bedroom so that the new bed won't make the old one look even shabbier than it is. It's being fitted tomorrow, so today has been getting-ready time.

I'd already emptied everything vulnerable out of the bedroom so that nothing gets broken while the new bed gets installed, so the spare room is full of dolls' houses, china dolls and boxes of cosmetics, not to mention soft toys, and now the drawers of the bedroom furniture. As it's a very small room, there isn't actually any room for the furniture itself, though, so it's crammed into the living room or languishing in the hall. It can't stay there or the workmen won't be able to get the carpet round it, so tomorrow I may have to walk round with it on my head. All this new stuff in their space has caused great consternation among the parrots, but sadly has not made them behave with any more circumspection.

The old carpet was even mankier than I'd thought (for my US readers, manky is a slang word for mucky and yucky). It's an old foam backed carpet (laid by my own fair hand) and with age and the pressure of furniture and many footsteps, the foam turns into dust. It now awaits who knows what fate in the front garden. Probably a long rotting period then a late-night trip to the little local street recycling centre where much unrecyclable waste waits for the council to dispose of it. If you ask them to take it from your home they charge several limbs.

Despite a 2-hour "power nap" this afternoon, I am now a spent force, and have only managed to do about half the vacuuming I'd intended, so if they open the wrong door tomorrow they are in for a shock.

I think I might need a soothing massage and a long rest in that bed when it's finally installed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

and you've got to put everything back...backbreaking

Eliza said...

Rather you than me,Val!! Take it easy,and make full use of that new bed when it finally gets there :-)

JoJo said...

Wow! You did a lot of hard work today, didn't you?! And as Holly says, you have to put it all back. But just think how fantastic your room will look w/ the new carpet and everything all clean!

See if Dr. D'Onofrio is available for your massaging pleasure.

kris said...

you deserve a massage and rest girl!! take it easy as you put it all back and enjoy your new stuff:)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake