View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Thursday, December 14, 2006

A P**s-up in a Brewery


It seems that none of our providers is capable of organising one of these. Last night we had The Afternoon Plane, the episode of Miami Vice that Vincent was in. There was I, poised, DVD and video recorders recording merrily away. And the screen remained black. For several minutes, till someone decided to switch the channel on. (It was the 6pm opening programme for the channel).


It may have been ITV4 itself, or it may have been NTL, the cable company. There was no opening preamble welcoming you to the station, and there was probably an explanatory opening scene that had already happened when they were kind enough to allow us to watch.


Then on Google Alerts today, I noticed that The Player had shown last night at 9pm on Film4. If only somehow they could alert us before these things happen, not after they've already taken place.
Don't know where the double image came from, but it looks FINE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How annoying! You should send them an email telling them to get the hamsters running on the wheels a little sooner so the station powers up in time!!!

Jane said...

I already had my tv on that channel and it was okay ( I have freeview ) so I managed to get mine to record on out old VCR-the double one, I remember seeing it on google images someplace as I have that one too.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake