View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Sunday, December 10, 2006

Huh?

I read a book review in yesterday's Guardian newspaper that baffled me, and I think it may cause a similar response in women in general, and Vincent lovers in particular.

The book is called "The Case of the Female Orgasm: Bias in the Science of Evolution" by Elisabeth A. Lloyd. Here is the review:

According to Elisabeth Lloyd, "the history of evolutionary explanations of female orgasm is a history of missteps, misuse of evidence, and missed references". In this closely argued study, she shows how the leading evolutionary accounts of the female human orgasm are based on two flawed assumptions: that the female orgasm evolved because it contributed to reproductive success ("adaptationism"), and that female sexuality is like male sexuality ("androcentrism"). Desmond Morris claimed in The Naked Ape (1967) that intercourse helped to cement "the pair-bond by providing mutual rewards for the sexual partners". But as sex researchers have long known, unlike men, women don't generally achieve orgasm through intercourse, so this widely believed "adaptive story" is clearly unsustainable. In 1979, Donald Symons argued that the female orgasm doesn't offer an evolutionary advantage but, rather like the male nipple, is a "by-product of embryological development". This theory has been ignore because scientists are blinkered by adaptationism and androcentrism, argues Lloyd. This is an important book that casts light on the biases that can prejudice science.

The reviewer is one PD Smith - male or female? I would guess male. The bold print is my addition. Who did they get that information from? Women with husbands/boyfriends who are useless lovers? Both men and women can achieve orgasm other than through intercourse, can't they? Does that mean the male orgasm isn't real either.

If women don't generally achieve orgasm through intercourse, blame the men who fail them. It's the most intense form of orgasm you can have. And if he makes love in real life like he does on the screen, I can imagine that the gorgeous, sexy Vincent D'Onofrio doesn't often fail to produce an orgasm in the woman he is pleasuring.

Phew! Thanks for letting me rant!

4 comments:

JoJo said...

True story Val! I practically have an orgasm just watching him make love on screen!!!

Jane said...

Orgasms and Vincent....They just go together don't they?!

Eliza said...

Maybe they spoke to teenagers who don't know any better??

I can't imagine there are that many women out there who have NEVER experienced it.For a start why would you put up with a sex life that was lacking so much pleasure ::shrugs::

Thank you for that Val,it was informative,in it's own way!

Elizaxxxxx

Merv said...

VAL!! LMAO. Your post showed up in my Vincent Google Alerts and I had to read it twice before clicking on the link. I just knew I had to go see what you were talking about just by the snippet posted on the alert.

And by the way, I completely agree! I doubt Vincent has any problem in that area.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake