View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Doh!



I was so pleased when I found that PowerDVD would let me play Region 1 DVDs. I'd already played so many Region 2s on it that I was sure that if it wazs going to fix, it would already have done so.

Wrong! It's locked on Region 1, ao I can now no longer play my Seasons 1 and 2 DVDs on it, and can therefore not cap them. I don't know what will happen with my home-recorded ones, but at present they are not playing well. My Season 3 discs are Region 1, along with a lot of the movies, so I'll have to stick with them till I can come up with a solution to the problem.

Guess for the time being I'm back to borrowing a lot of LOCI pictures from all but Season 3.

5 comments:

Eliza said...

Val:you can download various programs that will unlock the region code on your dvd drive.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

AnyDVD is one of the best and you can get it on a 21day trial first which gives you plenty of time to see if it's what you need.

Hope that helps :)

Eliza xxxxxx

JoJo said...

I wonder why there isn't just one uniform DVD format for all countries now? With eBay and the internet, everyone has access to stuff from other countries in a flash now. You'd think they'd wise up!

abc said...

hey,

i actually have the same problem at the moment that i can't play region 1 dvds. the dvd drive is locked and either you change the setting to region 2 again which you can only do about 3 to 5 times or you get a little free software tool which lets the dvds appear as region-free (just google "region killer" or "css free"). and if that still doesn't help you probably have a new dvd-drive where the actual hardware is locked (just like my stupid drive). then the only solution would be to patch the firmware, but this can be pretty dangerous if you don't do it right and it can actually ruin your dvd-drive completely. but if you wanna try:

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_result.php?kaj=1&isces

there you can look if your dvd-drive has a patch and download it.
good luck, i'm still working on my drive.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous_Bobby

The only thing I've got to say is that I wish these pitcures "wouldn't" move! I don't have enough time to "stare"! HEE HEE

Anonymous said...

Val,

Can you make some of those pictures "still". Hee Hee!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake