View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The View

The weather was still fine enough today to give a good idea of what this stretch of London is like., instead of relying on Googled pictures. The open plan office has windows on three sides, two of them overlooking the river (well the building is called Riverside House - though strictly it isn't quite).

Looking east.


Sort of north east.


Towards the west.


The two Woolwich Ferries.


Northish again.

Thing is, we're on the south bank, so everything is northish. I've totally failed to capture the two wind carbines visible on the northern side, and I didn't manage to photograph a plane taking off from the City Airport just across the river.

It's all a bit of a contrast with the North Saskatchewan River in Edmonton, where nothing is built close to the banks, it's all tree-lined and parks.

2 comments:

ann said...

I think it must just be awesome to be working with those views... I don't think I would get any work done... I love the South Bank...

lotsa luv ann xxxxxxx

JoJo said...

I would so be daydreaming about Vincent, watching the river all the live long day.

London's a heck of a lot older than Edmonton, with a larger population, so the riverbanks are probably more desolate than on the Thames!!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake