View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Royal Arsenal and Woolwich Barracks

So here is a glimpse of some of the places the lovely Vincent would have seen when filming FMJ in Woolwich.



The Royal Arsenal was established about 400 years ago. Obviously these buildings are a couple of hundred years younger than that. Much of the area was bombed during WW2 because of the arsenal. Arsenal Football Club (famous worldwide among footie/soccer fans) was originally based in Woolwich. They are still known as The Gunners.

Britain has so much pride in her heritage these buildings are now converted into apartments.


The Royal Artillery were based at Woolwich Barracks. It is a truly stunning building, on a grand scale, and is also being sold off for development.

I'm pretty sure there are glimpses from hereabouts in the training scenes from FMJ.

3 comments:

ann said...

UP THE GUNNERS!!!! Guess which team I support... oh Thiery Henri... you may not be my uber-hero, but you are a hero nonetheless.

lotsa luv ann xxxxx

val said...

I could never work out how my grandad came to be an Arsenal fan, till I realised they were still in S. London when he was a lad working in the docks.

JoJo said...

I seem to recall several of my fave rave punk bands naming Arsenal as their fave football team. Now I know where they're from! Thanks Val!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake