View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A Woman of Principle?

So has Hanoi Jane sold out? She's advertising L'Oreal products. So what?

Well, quite a lot of years ago now, various organisations campaigning against animal experimentation for cosmetics approached L'Oreal. Instead of cutting down or stopping, they thumbed their noses and increased animal testing. Over the years, before they finally (they say) desisted, millions of animals suffered to produce their products. Many women have said in their ads that they are "worth it". Well, Jennifer Aniston, Andy McDowell et al, you are NOT worth the suffering of these creatures. If you didn't know about the torture, you are even more vacuous than we all thought.

But Jane Fonda, seasoned campaigner, you should know better. But you have sold out (like Anita Roddick, who sold to L'Oreal the upposedly ethical cosmetic outlet The Body Shop that she created), and I hope the blood money you have accepted does you no good.

I have boycotted all things made by L'Oreal for many years now, and will no longer buy Body Shop goods, either. I hope some of you will join me, and spread word among your friends.

5 comments:

ann said...

.... I will so miss the Body Shop Body Butter...

JoJo said...

Had no idea on the L'Oreal products; I'm not up on cosmetics as I've never worn them....but I know I've used their hair colour stuff so I won't anymore!!

Hanoi Jane has turned me off for years. I do not like the woman at all.

Thanks for the heads up!

Jane said...

I have been a vegetarian for 25 years and do not use products that are tested on Animals.

Wonderful post Val.

Anonymous said...

Am in total agreement - I don't eat or wear animals, don't fund medical research unless it's non - animal based, and won't buy stuff that's tested on them.

Anonymous said...

Val, you already know how I will respond to this. NO ONE has the right to improve his/her appearance at the expense of innocent, defenseless animals. They need their eyes, skin, body parts and fur just as we need what we have. SHAME on anybody who contributes to this ongoing abuse.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake