View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Monday, July 10, 2006

Tesco - Oh No









A couple of months ago I started to shop in Tesco again after at least three years of avoiding them (and they're my nearest supermarket to take my car to for a big shop). I stopped going because they just never bothered to answer queries. I want to feel valued as a customer.

When I changed jobs it became easier to go back there - the alternative, Asda (owned by Walmart), is now a bit more off my route. But already Tesco have reverted to type. I take a lot of natural remedieds for menopause symptoms, and Asda sells them in vegetarian capsules, Tesco does not. I asked THE MANAGER HIMSELF why and he said he's find out. Nothing.

Today I asked for a refund (just 56 pence) because a 2 for £2 offer didn't come up on the bill. What a performance! First we have to check the shelf, then aske someone on the relevant department, then deny it and try to explain to me that I might have got chocolate and cans of drink confused. All I needed after a hard day teaching my severly autistic students. I got my 56 pence (eventually) and stormed off to Asda, where I had a very enjoyable shop.

3 comments:

JoJo said...

What happened to "the customer is always right" ?? It's the same everywhere, Val. Customer service has gone the way of high button shoes and rotary dial telephones. It's a shame.

val said...

Golly, JoJo, you're an old-fashioned gal. Good on you.

Anonymous said...

Val, Biocare's range of supplements are excellent and virtually all are in vegetarian/vegan format. I'm a nutritionist and know that stuff from supermarkets is usually poor quality - you get what you pay for when it comes to supplements, and Biocare are welll worth the little extra cost.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake