View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Friday, July 14, 2006

A Racey Story













So there I am on a school end-of-term jaunt to Epsom Racecourse (home of the Derby) and where is my camera? On my desk at home, of course!

So instead of great personal pictures of my evening out and the people I went with - and the gee-gees, of course - I have to inflict on you pictures off the web.

We were in the new Queen's Stand, right by the finishing line. I backed one winner to the tune of about £30, so came away up on the evening. The band was the ?Something Blues Brothers - a tribute band? (they weren't very good - and last week it was Status Quo), and we ended up directing the coach driver home.

There was a large amount of inebriation, and as we didn't even get back to school, let alone home, till gone 11.30, I can imagine there were some pretty thick heads this morning. I don't work there today, but had to get up early for my hospital student. I felt awful - and I only drank orange!

1 comment:

JoJo said...

Didn't realize Status Quo was still around and playing. Saw a lovely photo of Rick Parfitt taken by the late Paula Yates for her book "Rock Stars in their Underpants", about 26 years ago.

Glad you won some money though!!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake